Sunday 18 April 2010

Create 10 - Project #3



I'm a bit behind with Create 10 at the moment, but here is Friday's project.

I was very excited when I found we were creating a cork noticeboard as I'm decorating my craft room at the moment and it will be a nice addition! (Plus I've had a sheet of 12x12 cork in my stash forever!)
I must admit I was a bit naughty for today's project and didn't follow the instructions at all, I just took the noticeboard idea and ran with it. I decided to use up some old Sassafras products and thought this paper from the My Dearest range would make a lovely frame. I cut the middle out leaving a 2in frame and cut round some of the elements to leave them intact then mounted it onto a chipboard frame, then onto the cork (I mounted this onto chipboard too for strength so the whole things is very sturdy!!).

Finally I went to town with the embellishments then added some plaited ribbon to hang it from.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out - hope you like it!


Lou xx

5 comments:

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Looks fab, a great addition to your craft room I'm sure.

Leo said...

Looks yum! I've got some of those Sassafras characters decorating my craft space too. :)

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Luv your take on the corkboard. Very nicely decorated too! Just gorgeous.

Katy said...

Awwww thats so cute i love it hun

Mrsjobee said...

Stunning - its going to look fab in your room.