Thursday 19 June 2008

Scrummy Stash Cafe - Samm's class


Here's my take on Samm's fabby class - this is me playing in the snow at about 4 years old!

I must admit it was a bit scary putting that much acrylic paint onto a sheet of cardstock! LOL

I've used Basic Grey Dasher papers, and the title is a mixture of the matching alpha stickers and American Crafts Thickers (totally obsessed with these!). The chipboard frame was painted with acrylic and then sponged with white chalk ink, to mimic the paper underneath and I added some random epoxy stickers that were lurking at the bottom of my Christmas box!

The scalloped edge along the bottom was cut with the Fiskars threading water punch - my favourite new toy! and then I added some velvet ric rac.

To break up the painted area I added some snowflake brads topped off with adhesive gems, as was the Doodlebug paper frill at the top.

Thanks for a fab class Samm - really enjoyed it!

2 comments:

Craftyangel said...

Fab layout Lou........I agree painting on cardstock is scary, I struggled too

thanks for taking part in our scrummy class

Angie

Samm said...

Ohhhh, this is so cute and fab!! Love it, thanks for taking my first class!

Samm
x